Viral Bronchitis Pneumonia - Signs and Symptoms of Bronchitis
The bronchi are the lining of the air tubes of the lungs. The inflammation of the bronchitis acute bronchitis
. It can be the result of a cold, a sore throat or influentza. The cool air and the low temperatures in winter influence in a negative way the disease. You can be contaminated with the virus that sinusitis and bronchitis
by breathing a polluted atmosphere or by smoking.
Using a Microscope We can Have the Image of the Cells in the Healthy Lungs
These cells looks tall, columnar and their surface is covered with cilia which are able to move creating the image of a wind blowing across a field of ripe corn. This surface covered with cilia is near the inside of the tube and it has the role to protect the lungs. This protection is possible because the movement of the cilia carry dust and other foreign materials upwards and away from the delicate air sacs from the lungs. We wish to stress on the importance and the necessity of Persistent Cough through this article. This is because we see the need of propagating its necessity and importance!
- The ciliated cells can be damaged by different external irritants such as cigarette smoke, industrial pollutants and other chemical substances.
- So the effect of the movement of the cilia is not giving results anymore.
- As a consequence the glands produce a high quantity of mucus which can't be evacuated and it is accumulated in the tubes.
- This is one of the causes of the persistent cough which characterizes Bronchitis.
- Usually this cough succeed to clear the mucus.
- Another way of protection of the lungs is the action of the Leucocytes whose principal role is to combat inflammatory processes.
- The symptoms last for one or two weeks, but this period is longer and the Bronchitis becomes chronic in cigarette smokers.
- They manifest also inevitable winter flare -ups.
Another Sign of Chronic Bronchitis is the Weezing
It is produced by the bronchospasm which is represented by the contraction of the circular muscles in the wall of the bronchial tubes.If this happenes the coughing becomes less efective too. Even if you are a stranger in the world of Chronic Bronchitis, once you are through with this article, you will no longer have to consider yourself to be a stranger in it!
This Circumstances Smoking Becomes More Dangerous
Another disease which takes part of the category of COPD is Emphysema. Bronchitis and Emphysema lead to breathlessness. Anothe aspect is that it is restricted the quantity of the oxygen that reaches to the blood. This blood without enough oxygen is blue and it gives a bluish tinge to the skin. In medicine this color of the skin is called cyanosis. This is a very helpful sign for the diagnosis.
The Heart is Also Affected in Bronchitis
The right heart enlarges. There is an extra pumping power because of the increase of the resistance to blood pumped through the lungs. The consequence is the oedema which is an exaggerated accumulation of liquid in the interstitial space. A substantial amount of the words here are all inter-connected to and about Bronchitis. Understand them to get an overall understanding on Bronchitis.